Do you still use WordPress default editor for creating new blog posts on your blog?
If yes, you are not behaving like a problogger.
It’s time switch to Google Docs for your post creation from today.
Google Docs is a powerful online document creation platform offered by Google.
It’s a free and easy to use platform for creating documents online.
What you will learn from this post
- 1 Why Use Google Docs For WordPress Post Creation:
- 2 How To Link Google Docs With WordPress:
- 2.1 Methods To Link Google Docs With WordPress
- 2.1.1 Method #1:Wordpress.com for Google Docs Addon (Best and recommended):
- 2.1.2 Method #2: Using “Wordable” for importing Google Docs to WordPress:
- 2.2 Share this:
- 2.3 Related
- 2.1 Methods To Link Google Docs With WordPress
Why Use Google Docs For WordPress Post Creation:
What type of content do you create with wordpress default editor without adding any additional editor plugin?
Title,headers(H1-H6),perforated text,paragraph and text formatting,links,bulleted lists,images and videos,blockquotes.
But with Google Docs, in addition to creating all of the above content you can easily
- Create customizable excel like tables
- Write Equations e.g:EQUATION: Equation
- Create drawings with images,shapes,arrow marks etc
- Add and mark your web screen snaps
- Download created drawing as pdf,jpg,png,svg formats
- Insert Bar,column,line and pie charts
- Insert all special characters
- Insert table of contents with auto links at the beginning of your long posts
- Insert footnotes for your posts
- Add subscripting and superscripting
- Insert additional paragraph styling with customizable border style and shading,width and colors etc without HTML and CSS code
- Support for addons to meet your post editing needs
You get all these awesome editing features without installing a single plugin to your wordpress blog. (Remember more plugins may lead to less website speed)
Adding this type of content like drawings,infographics,marked images etc provides an added advantage to your blog’s SEO.
How can you reap these benefits without installing any plugin?
You do it by linking your google docs account with wordpress account.
Don’t hesitate to link because it is safe and easy to implement.
How To Link Google Docs With WordPress:
The trick is you simply create your post content on Google Docs with the above awesome features and send it as a wordpress new post draft.
Then at wordpress editor you can edit other things like permalinks,tags,categories,focus keywords and check readability score for Yoast SEO plugin (if you use one ) etc
Methods To Link Google Docs With WordPress
You can choose any one of the following methods to link WordPress with Google Docs
Method #1:Wordpress.com for Google Docs Addon (Best and recommended):
- A wordpress.com free account (Create one if you don’t have it)
- A Google account to use Google Docs
- Install and activate Jetpack plugin and connect with wordpress.com in your wordpress site dashboard
Adding WordPress.com for Google Docs add-on to your Google Docs account:
- Move on to docs.google.com and login with your google account
- Create a new document by clicking Plus (+) button
- On the new doc editor menu, Click on Add-ons(arrow no-1) and then click Get add-ons..(arrow no2)
- An Add-ons pop up box will appear.Type “wordpress.com to doc” in the search box
- Click on +FREE button on the right side of wordpress to google doc add-on(Manage button shows for my account as I have already added the add-on).The add-on gets added to your account and will show up in your add-ons list
Linking your Blog’s domain with Google Docs:
- Click Add-ons ⇒WordPress.com for Google Docs⇒Open. An Add-on window will open at the right sidebar of Google Docs document
- Click on “Add WordPess Site” Button.
- A new tab will open in your browser and enter your wordpress.com username and password to login.
- After logging in, select domain name you want to link with (if you have more than one blog) and click on “Aprrove” button
After successful approval and linking, you can close the new tab and your blog’s domain gets added to the wordpress.com Google Docs addon.
After composing a new post in Google Docs document, you can preview your post on your blog and make changes and update it.
After you click on Save or update button,the changes automatically get applied to your wordpress post draft.
Now you can open your wordpress post draft, make any changes you wish to do and publish it from there
In case you fail to link the above add-on, you can use the following add-ons for the same purpose.The linking process is same as above except for the add-on name.
- Docs to WordPress offered by renoun.io
- Publish to WordPress by Plugmatter
- ExpressCurate offered by expresscurate.com
If you get any problem while implementing this method, feel free to comment your questions and I am ready to help.
Method #2: Using “Wordable” for importing Google Docs to WordPress:
Wordable is a tool that enables you to import posts from Google Docs to WordPress in one click.
Wordable is not a free tool and you need to spend $15/month to get a standard package.
How to use Wordable for free:
You can use it for free if you want to in the following ways
Link at the end of every post : 1 link=1 export.You include a Wordable link at the end of every post saying “This post was imported into WordPress in one click using Wordable”.
Mention in a relevant blog post: 1 Mention= 5 Exports.You mention in any posts about Wordable tools,blogging tools etc.You will get 5 exports for free.
Email broadcast: 1 export per 500 subscribers.In an e-mail to your subscribers list, mention a link to Wordable home page.You will earn 1 export for every 500 people in your list.You have to contact Wordable before implementing this method.
(I don’t recommend any of the above free methods.I recommend using free doc to wordpress add-ons)
Steps to use Wordable:
- Link your Google docs account with Wordable by visiting wordable.io and click “try it free” tab.
- Connect wordable with your wordpress site either by downloading and installing the plugin the tool offers or by using your wordpress account credentials.
- Now after successful linking,visit your Wordable dashboard .You will see your latest Google docs documents with export buttons on the right.
- Export your post as draft to your wordpress site by clicking on export button.